Outdoor Education Employment Opportunities
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed below, please send a resume to address at the bottom of the page, attn: Dale Yerger.
Summer Camp Counselors:
Deep Portage seeks broad-minded, high-energy outdoors people to provide instruction in sportsman education and science-based camps. Campers range in age from 9 to 16 according to specific camp requirements. Positions are open for the 2013 summer camp season.
- Candidate should have or be pursuing a college-level degree.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Experience at other camps or environmental centers is a plus.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic people to provide instruction in a wide variety of environmental sciences and outdoor activities. Students ages range from K-12 to adult, but the average class is comprised of grades 4-6. Class sizes are usually 10-15 students, and almost all classes are conducted outdoors.
- A degree in environmental sciences, education, or related subjects is highly desired.
- Candidates must be in good physical condition.
- Experience at other environmental centers is a plus.
- Computer skills.